When life gives you lemons you’re supposed to make lemonade. But what the hell are you supposed to do when life gives you 5 pounds of shredded cheddar cheese? I say make your own cheddar cheese crackers and tell Mr.Nips to take a hike.
My Mom (Hi Mom!, She actually reads this site, unlike my loving wife.) was making some dishes that required a good deal of shredded cheddar cheese and it was much more economical for her to purchase the cheese in bulk. That left her with 5 pounds of cheese that she couldn’t use. She gave to me because, “You’re the only person I know that could actually find a way to use it all before it goes bad.”
Cheddar Cheese Cracker Recipe
1 Stick of Butter – at room temperature
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 325° and get out your food processor.
2. Throw all of those ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well mixed, about 10 times.
3. Dump the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and use your hands to bring it together forming a ball of dough.
4. If the consistency allows, roll the dough out into a very thin layer. Maybe 1/8 inch. If the dough is too loose to roll, toss it into the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Once rolled out, cut the crackers. You can use cookie cutters here if you would like fancy shapes, but I just used a pizza cutter for basic crackers. It’s your call.
6. Place the crackers onto a cookie sheet covered with foil or even better, a Silpat baking mat.
7. Bake for 11 minutes or until the crackers start to get just golden on the edges.
8. Place on a cooling rack until the crackers are no longer warm.
9. Agree to never buy cheese crackers at the store again.
Tagged with: Baking • Easy Recipes
Fatal error: Call to undefined function similar_posts() in /home/content/p/h/a/phatchamp/html/wp-content/themes/turkeysays/single.php on line 47