Let me start off by saying that to create a delicious meal, doesn’t mean you have to slave away in the kitchen for hours and hours, turning your kitchen into what one might consider a Food War Zone. I love to cook, but perhaps you could consider me to be a little bit lazy. I like to find shortcuts to things, which is probably why I love to cook, but have some issues in the “baking department”. Now, even though I love to cook, as a working mom I get home and sometimes need something quick and easy to make because I’m tired. Do you ever feel this way?… Here is an easy recipe, my take on Chicken Parmesan. I find it something that everyone will love.
2 thawed chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
1 cup of parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 350
1. Take the chicken breasts and cut them into small cubes. In a small skillet add a drizzle of olive oil. Once the skillet is hot add the chicken. Cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure you turn the pieces every couple of minutes so they do not burn. Remove from the heat.
2. In a baking dish add the chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce.
4. Add the parmesan cheese on top. If you feel that 1 cup is not enough, feel free to add more!
4. Cover the baking dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Set your kitchen timer for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and serve to your starving family!
I like to serve this over pasta. My husband would much rather rice than pasta, so I have also served it over rice. It really is what your preference is. And while we are on the “quick and simple” subject, here’s Stacy’s tip of the day:
Sunday night take a little bit extra time to cook a pot of pasta or a pot of rice. Store it in containers in your refrigerator. You can use it throughout the week, only leaving you to worry about the main part of your meal… a chicken, meat, fish, or simply a vegetable.
Some other posts you might enjoy: