1 Stick (4 ounces of butter)
3/4 Cup granulated white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 Cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 – 1 Cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the granulated and brown sugars until just combined and sandy (do not cream). Mix in the egg until just combined, about 3 seconds. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the dried cranberries.
2. On a large ungreased cookie sheet, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough a few inches apart. Bake until just golden around the edges, about 20 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Might consider rehydrating cranberries in warm water prior to adding to the batter. May need to reduce the sugar to compensate for increased water.
- When using Silpat baking mat the cookies spread much faster than on foil or other baking mats resulting in a thinner, crispier cookie.
- Only took 15 minutes to cook, check at 13 minutes just in case.
Tagged with: Baking • Cranberry Cookies
Some other posts you might enjoy: